- Deadline: 28.02.2024
This role is with one of our Utilities/Power Client working on a capital delivery programme in West Sussex.
You will project manage and you will provide construction assurance on a portfolio of, or individual projects from beginning to completion. You will agree and implement the project delivery strategy. You will forecast resource and material requirements, monitor project costs and delivery, manage contractor performance and provide regular reports. The role also includes liaison with Design, Infrastructure Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain, Network Operations and Asset Management.
• Complete projects / portfolio of projects from beginning to completion to time, quality, cost maintaining the highest levels of safety and environmental management
• Ensure construction assurance through audits on quality of work, technical competencies, adherence to specifications, compliance with testing and commissioning procedures and safety and environmental procedures. Ensure that the required project completion data is completed and submitted for processing
• Produce delivery plans and ensure provision of direct / contract resources, materials and services to ensure that project programmes are maintained
• Manage commercial arrangements with contractors to ensure that contractual arrangements are met and that cost controls are in place
• Provide monthly reports including achievement, costs and forecasts
• Manage the portfolio of projects delivery risks and provide early warning to mitigate and manage the level of risk exposure.
• Contribution and accountability on the assigned portfolio of projects for regulatory reporting requirements, including auditing of actual and forecast cost and output data.
• Collaborate with partners such as Infrastructure Planning, Design, Connections, Supply Chain, Network Operations, Procurement and Commercial Management to ensure that projects are managed from beginning to completion
• Ensure that all work is carried out to provide very high levels of Customer Service e.g. minimise Customer Interruptions & Customer Minutes Lost, network risk, and customer complaints
• Ensure that all workers engaged on the projects / portfolio of projects are aware of all safety and environmental requirements
• Develop the project execution plan and present project governance approval papers
• Experience managing construction and engineering projects of values in the region of £10m plus
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills and commercial awareness
• You will have a Degree in Electrical Engineering , or Civil Engineering all with a Project Management bias
• Experience with construction management best practice
• Asafety qualification such as IOSH Managing Safely will be advantageous as will experience working with the CDM regulations and ISO9001 quality processes
• Experience of Primavera P6, online project collaboration tools, Microsoft Project, the Microsoft Office suite of applications and project management techniques
• A recognised project management qualification/membership for example APM or Chartered status