Our Client who are one of the UK's leading companies who have a reputation for Health, Safety and Innovation established over 20 years ago. Our client offer specialist services nationally and internationally with Government Bodies, Utility Companies, Developers and Main Contractors.
The Quantity Surveyor / Project Co-ordinator will be based in our clients midlands office and will assist with commercial and project co-ordination duties on a number of projects from point of award through to final account. The Quantity Surveyor / Project Co-ordinator will also provide commercial assistance to the estimating department and business development teams.
The main responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor / Project Co-ordinator will be to:
• Review proposed contract terms and conditions, employer’s requirements, drawings, warranties, bonds and all other contractual documentation and provide commercial advice and contractual / commercial solutions to facilitate amenable resolution.
• Provide ongoing commercial and contractual advice during the life cycle of the project
• Attend all pre-contract and post contract meetings
• Monitor, record, value and agree instructions and variations with the client, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements in relation to change order procedures.
• Prepare, submit and agree monthly external valuations with the client and track / oversee settlement of monthly interim payments.
• Ensure timely agreement of final account with the client.
• Accurately monitor costs on each project and prepare cost value reconciliation in accordance with accounting timetable
• Where required, have an active and constructive involvement with dispute resolution.
• Prepare and issue tender enquiry packages to sub-contact trade contractors
• Draft and agree sub-contact terms and conditions, place sub-contact orders and administrate sub-contact trade contractors.
• Check and verify all sub-contact applications for payment and invoices and authorise payment at appropriate intervals.
• Negotiate and agree sub-contact final accounts
Project Co-ordination Duties
• Liaise with the client and/or their representatives to ensure that appropriate permissions, notifications and associated paperwork are in place prior to commencement of works on site.
• Liaise with the client/others to ensure compliance with specification and statutory requirements.
• Attendance at all pre-commencement and post contract meetings
• Prepare, agree and update contract programme of works
• Where required timely preparation and submission of S80 Demolition Notification to the appropriate Local Authorities, and secure S81 return prior to commencement on site.
• Liaise with the appropriate relevant statutory providers to procure the disconnection / diversion of existing services prior to commencement of works
• Administration of pre-commencement information, including H&S paperwork, collation of appropriate notifications, and identification of remaining services and/or service disconnection confirmation and preparation of site pack drawings etc.
• Prepare, sign off and issue site pack information to the contracts department prior to commencement of works
• Continual liaison with the contract’s director and larger project team throughout the duration of each project to ensure all alterations and changes in information are communicated in a timely manner.
• Provide assistance with the preparation and updating of the SWMP for each project.
Applicants will have a Degree in Quantity Surveying or a Construction related subject. Our client will provide continued support to the successful candidate for any further relevant professional development.
The Quantity Surveyor / Project Co-ordinator will be required to meet the experience requirements for their respective trade.
A full unendorsed driving license is essential and a commercial vehicle will be supplied or an reasonable alternative to a successful candidate.