Security Clearance: SC clearance
CV Deadline: 30/11 @15:00
Interview Process: TBC
Assist and guide other team members where necessary as you design, create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the organisation. Have strong skills in front end or back end web developer (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and analysts focussed on one or more products or projects. Build web and mobile products to serve a variety of users' needs. Provide input into the design of solutions, Lead the development of new IT solutions and initiatives. Implement APIs for internal and external use, Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers. Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms.
Brief description and summary of the engagement The role is a technical one. We require an Engineer that understands technology and how it all fits together. The incumbent will engage with technology teams within Home Office and understand the team’s technology stack, their operating processes and potentially support and advise on approaches to delivery. The object of the exercise being to understand how the team/project/Programme is delivering in the context of the preferred model. The incumbent will meet with teams capturing and reviewing methods used and feed back to CTO to ensure standards are being met, additionally they will advise whilst considering organisational needs and technologies.
Detailed deliverables for the engagement 1. Review and capture the approaches used, in comparison to HO standards, providing information back to the CTO in an appropriate format.
2. Improve delivery team performance by providing measured on-the-fly advice, considering the organisations needs and existing systems/technologies 3. Identify and highlight any skills/personnel gaps to the appropriate leaders, ensuring that we can put effective delivery teams in place.
4. Provide a key contact in the development of the DDaT community, bridging between delivery teams and the CTO / Heads of Role.
5. Provide input to DDaT strategy and roadmaps
Skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required 1. Core knowledge and understanding of software development languages and tools 2. Ability to navigate the complex landscape of technologies, stakeholders, contractors, internal and cross-government teams, preparing context awareness and advice for these teams.
3. good communication skills, verbal and written, and a good understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences.
4. Can demonstrate strong partnership skills, particularly the ability to build strong, effective partnerships with peers across the technology organisation 5. Ability to understand all corners of our estate from a technology and architecture perspective.
1. Core knowledge and understanding of software development languages, Java Node.js, SQL, Docker, Jenkins, Sonar, Drone and Git