My client is a major international engineering design consultancy and as part of their growth and diversification they are currently looking for a structural design engineer for their offices in central London.
You will be expected to have good ability to operate autonomously where required, have good commercial awareness and be capable of managing your time and project resources. You would ideally be well progressed with a formal IStructE or ICE training scheme, with ongoing engagement in the company’s Chartership (MIStructE) training scheme encouraged. My client is geared towards developing today’s engineers into future team leaders in line with their progressive expansion, and so you would ideally be looking towards your next step on the career ladder with them.
* Structural analysis and design
* Managing and running structural design projects
* Instructing draughtsmen and working closely with other members of the internal design team
* Carrying out checks by hand on scheme designs and more complex FE design
* Preparation of technical reports and specifications
* Site visits, carrying out desktop investigations, attending site meetings and checking progress and quality of work on site
* Liaising with authorities to progress projects
* Representing the company at design team and contractor/client meetings
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in structural and/or civil engineering
* Practical experience of structural engineering building design to British and/or European codes
* Good organisational and interpersonal skills
* Good technical writing skills and experience in presenting structural appraisals and feasibility studies
* Ability to manage own time and deliver work on programme