- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractor with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit a Site Engineer located in West Ham, London.
The purpose of this role is to provide site engineering duties to a number of projects within the region. The Site Engineer will establish the level and survey control for contracts and set out detailed works per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made regularly.
Initially working on the Manor Road NOS7 and NOS8 remediation packages for Thames Water, which involve the repair and remediation of 2no. bridge structures and 5no. trunk sewer barrels across both rail and road spans. Currently these works are in design phase and offer an opportunity to be involved from conception in a complex, challenging and large scale package. Assisting in the development of innovative solutions through all stages of the project lifecycle and working within a team of Site Agents, Sub Agents and engineers to proactively seek opportunities and minimise risk.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to grow and develop as an engineer while gaining insight into the management of cost, programme and contracts. In addition, you will support and collaborate with the wider project team in the development of site-specific HSQE documentation.
You will be part of the team responsible for the delivery of the project, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The successful candidate will work closely with the Site Agent, Sub Agent, other engineers and site teams to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Promote their Cardinal Rules and establish safe working cultures and practices
- Comply with company procedures and legal obligations
- Promote and comply with environmental compliance
- Deliver the works safely
- Promote best practice
- Comply with company procedures
- Ensure work is delivered defect/snag-free
- Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
- Establish the level and survey control for contracts
- Set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out regularly
- Ensure that records are accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements
- Assist in the production and implementation of the required project plans, RAMS, ITP and check mechanisms
- Take part in the preconstruction review process and ensure that all stakeholder consents and permits are in place prior to commencement
- Be aware of the commercial performance of the contract and ensure that all possible variations are notified and suitably quantified
- Assist in the production of short-term lookahead with the Site Agent for day-to-day management of the site and resources
- Produce Site Diaries and Allocation Sheets and maintain a photographic record of works on site
Key Measures & Targets:
- Accurate and timely setting out of the works
- Timely handover of works and Quality records without outstanding defects
- Production of accurate records, drawing registers and weekly diaries
- Develop good working relationships with site workforce and customer's technical representative
• Previous experience of setting out on civil engineering projects
• Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
• Fully conversant with the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
• Degree qualified/HNC (or equivalent) in civil engineering
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
• Experience in using AutoCAD and MS Office
• Temporary-works co-ordination
• CSCS card
• Cable avoidance training
• First aid training
• NEBOSH or IOSH
• Has worked on projects of a similar size and value previously.
• Has a positive attitude.
• Establish the level and survey control for contracts.
• Set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out regularly.
• Ensure that records are accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements.
• Assist in the production and implementation of the required project plans, RAMS, ITP and check mechanisms.
• Take part in the preconstruction review process and ensure that all stakeholder consents and permits are in place prior to commencement.
• Be aware of the commercial performance of the contract and ensure that all possible variations are notified and suitably quantified.
• Assist in the production of short-term lookahead with the Site Agent for day-to-day management of the site and resources.
• Produce Site Diaries and Allocation Sheets and maintain a photographic record of works on site.