Senior Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Due to the expanding workload, they are looking for a Chartered (or Nearly Chartered) Structural Engineer to join their award-winning Building Structures Team in Birmingham, delivering the diverse project portfolio within the Building Design practice across the UK and abroad. As part of the team, you will be managing the production of designs which are technically innovative, ethical, sustainable, responsible, and fair; on projects which are improving the way people work and live today and in the future.
Our client's Building Design practice supplies engineering services across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure across sectors including Education, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Defence, Energy, and Transportation. You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects that will draw on and develop your skillset and career.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
The role requires you to have the following qualities:
- Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE (or nearly Chartered).
- Experience in successfully leading the structural engineering delivery of small-to-medium projects including the management of small, focused project teams to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.