Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 26.02.2024
Our power client currently has an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor - located in Crawley.
The Commercial Services & Strategy Team needs to provide commercial expertise on many contracts within Southern Power Networks (SPN). To facilitate this, there is a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial support to the Southern Power Networks Commercial Manager and Network Operations, ensuring that the engaged Contractors deliver their contract obligations.
This will involve good commercial and contractual management of the Contractors, through processes that need to be develop and operated ensuring that the Contractors are paid correctly, on time and within budgetary constraints.
You will assist the SPN Commercial Manager with contract administration taking responsibility for important Contractors whilst under the direction of the Distribution Network Operator Commercial Manager. You will manage the payment process, resolution of disputes and commercial reporting for your contracts plus be available to provide a supporting role during initial procurement before taking ownership for delivery through to final account.
1. To comply with all their guidelines, goals and procedures, reporting areas of non-conformance to the SPN Commercial Manager and the wider Commercial Services Management Team.
2. To assist the SPN Commercial Manager by providing guidance and training on the interpretation of the contract to the Commercial Business Support Team.
3. Administer the contract observing the Terms and Conditions, ensuring both the business and the Contractor meet their obligations.
4. Manage Contractor applications and change requests, making recommendations and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the Commercial Services Team ensuring that only legitimate monies are paid.
5. Build a close relationship with all company partners to ensure progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met.
6. To help with the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for new Contracts.
7. Produce quality commercial reports and dashboards and ensure the successful commercial management of the contract
8. Work with the SPN Commercial Manager to resolve any contract issues, and in the event of a dispute arising to help prepare the required documentation to justify and strengthen their contractual position.
9. Take responsibility regarding Health, Safety and the Environment providing commercial support to Network Operations
10. Manage, train and advise direct reports
You will lead the Commercial Business Support Team within the SPN area, whilst reporting to the SPN Commercial Manager. You will perform the following activities:
- Receive and analyse all of the information from Contractors to determine payment amounts due to Contractor observing the Terms of Contract.
- Maintain detailed records and calculations to provide audit trail of applications for payment and payment certificates processed, using SAP as the basis of the data to produce concise and informative commercial performance reports.
- Interrogate claims for payment using ENMAC and Contractor's Work Management Systems.
- Help with Green Lighting and GR'ing agreed Invoices using SAP.
- Provide Commercial support to all staff .
- Collaborate with Contactors and Internal staff to ensure Contracts are followed correctly and operatives follow guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with policies.
- Provide Contract live-knowledge support to the procurement team through the procurement process.
- Provide regular feedback and commercial reports to the Commercial Manager, Agents, Operations Manager, Field Engineers and Field Staff Supervisors.
- Collaborate with Field Engineers and Staff Supervisors to resolve payment queries and issues.
- Help investigate customer complaints.
- Collaborate with other Directorates.
- Promote and pursue their goals of 'Zero Harm'.
- Promote and demonstrate good customer services.
- Arrange training courses for the team to meet the requirements.
- Perform storm role responsibilities during system emergencies.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Law or Project Management.
- Work towards Profession Membership in an appropriate organisation such as RICS,ICES
- Commercial experience and negotiator.
- Knowledge of construction contracts.
- Industry knowledge of costs and contractor performance related issues.
- An understanding of the Electricity Network and the multiple types of jobs undertaken
- Numerate and accurate in analysing cost data with focus.
- Deliver the main objective to manage the Commercial process.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills, knowledge of Excel and a knowledge of SAP
- Flexible attitude to work and working hours
- Network with other staff and other teams within the business and external partners