This role is for one of the biggest civil services consultancies, they are currently looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Cable Route Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is located in Epsom, London or Glasgow.
Your day-to-day role may include the following activities:
- Acting as technical lead for offshore cable routing scopes of work.
- Development of offshore cable routing capability, including presenting to key clients, business development activities and proposing technical investment and capability enhancement activities.
- Acting as a champion for offshore cable routing within our Client's Marine Geoscience team.
- Providing technical input to bids for subsea cable routing scopes.
- Input to Cable Burial Risk Assessments (CBRA) and Depth of Lowering Assessments.
- Routing of offshore and onshore cables using GIS based analysis.
- GIS based analysis of geophysical, geospatial and geotechnical data and data management.
- Working closely with marine geophysicists & geoscientists, engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers and engineering geomorphologists on a wide range of projects.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent) with GIS, subsea engineering, or geoscience content.
- Experience of acting in a relevant role within the offshore renewables industry, interconnector or telecommunications cables industries or a related field.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of offshore cable routing using ArcGIS, Makai Plan or AutoCAD.
- Experience in analysing geotechnical and geospatial data for Cable Burial Risk Assessments (CBRA), or Depth of Lowering (DoL) assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team on subsea cables projects.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software (ArcGIS, QGIS or similar).
The following qualities are desirable -
- Experience of subsea cable installation activities.
- Experience of providing input to Burial Assessment Surveys (BAS).
- Experience in the analysis of AIS or VMS data for Cable Burial Risk Assessments.
- Working towards chartership with the Society for Underwater Technology (SUT), Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Geological Society of London (GSL).