- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractor with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Planner located in St Albans.
As they look to increase their efficiency whilst outperforming against project and customer expectations, it is essential they plan in the most innovative, robust, and accurate fashion.
With this in mind, they are looking for a driven individual with a can-do attitude who will be a key member of a wholly collaborative team and will use their experience, enthusiasm, and skills to help the team drive efficiency and outperformance.
This is an opportunity for an experienced planner to join the team and play a key role in the delivery of high-profile projects within the civil engineering sector.
- To ensure that planning standards – at both organisation and project level – are exceeded across all projects and planning & control procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with the tender, pre-construction, and delivery of a range of opportunities and live projects by collaboratively developing and maintaining robust detailed project plans.
- Ensure project plans capture the full project scope, resources are considered and loaded as required, and contractual & programme-specific requirements are met.
- Collaboratively develop and establish optimal construction methodologies, logic sequences & work outputs by drafting programmes for review and preparing logistics diagrams.
- Proactively identify opportunities and risks in the plan. Monitor the critical path and key milestones, advising the delivery team on any potential changes and leading challenge and mitigation actions.
- Thoroughly develop programmes to demonstrate the impact of change in compliance with the contractual and project-specific requirements.
- Visit sites and attend progress meetings. Monitor progress and update short-term plans, progress reports and construction programmes.
- Develop 4D animations of the project plan to aid digital rehearsal of the project construction.
Key measures & targets:
- All set deadlines adhered to.
- Recovery of up to 90% of time lost in live projects.
- Agreement of up to 80% of programmes.
- Input into programme development.
- To be considered for the role, you’ll have demonstrable experience of working on relevant projects within the civil engineering sector, preferably in the Water Industry.
- To succeed in this role, you will require advanced P6 experience and knowledge of NEC.
- With the experience of leading collaborative planning processes, you’ll have the ability to interrogate/take information from drawings to implement an efficient planning service for the business.
- Your ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences whilst working in pressurised situations to tight deadlines will be crucial.
- Able to adapt as required to meet project objectives, you will be innovative and supportive to other members of the team to enhance the reputation of the planning team across the business.
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction is preferred.
• Good knowledge of NEC and other relevant forms of contract. · Experience of leading collaborative planning processes.
• Proficient in Primavera P6 and competent in MS Project.
• CSCS Card.