- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering and construction company working in the water and wastewater industry. They currently have an opportunity for a Project Engineer located in Powys.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the deliverables of projects on the schemes awarded under the Client Framework Agreements. Effective communication with Client Representatives is imperative. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with experience of working alongside Project Managers to deliver schemes on time and on budget. A background in Mechanical and/or Civil projects would be advantageous.
Health and Safety Accountabilities:
• Ensure a safe workplace environment mitigating risk to health – safe people, safe place.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to.
• Complete all mandatory training related to Health & Safety
• Assist the Project Manager in leading site teams and sub-contractors to maintain the highest possible standard of safety performance at all times and ensure safety is the number one priority of all members of the team.
• Chair and minute internal and external meetings including but not limited to - site progress, safety, team, design and sub-contract meetings, dependant on size of scheme.
• Support commercial team with selection and procurement of sub-contract packages.
• Identify and manage third party involvement.
• Motivate and support the site team and sub-contractors to deliver all targets and objectives.
• Provides development opportunities through delegation and enthusiastically supports training and development activities.
• Resolve and close out all issues quickly and effectively.
• Work with Project Manager and other team members to develop and secure new schemes.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
• Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures at all times.
• Carry out any other reasonable tasks which may be required from time to time and to enable the company to remain adaptable to changing markets and needs.
Skills / Knowledge:
• Possess relevant CSCS card.
• SMSTS Qualification
• Relevant industry qualification preferred, e.g, ONC, HNC
• Technical knowledge of Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Water & Waste Water Operations.
• Industry experience in a similar role.
• First Aid at work.
• Appropriate IT skills including the use of company software packages.
• Communicates with colleagues and clients in a warm and persuasive way both formally and informally. Alters style and method to suit audience.
• Role model the values of the Group – Trust & Integrity, Quality, Talent, Respect and Reliability – in all activities and interactions with employees, clients and stakeholders
• Be approachable, trustworthy and maintain confidentiality at all times – personally credible
• Present a positive image including personal appearance, punctuality and reliability etc.
• Understand and play to own strengths with confidence
• Self-motivation – taking personal responsibility for making things happen – driven to deliver
• Ability to accept feedback and a willingness to learn/develop own skills, knowledge and behaviours
• Display assertiveness and persistence by reacting positively to set-backs
• Ability to manage conflict and maintain team-working
• Works effectively and inclusively with colleagues, clients, stakeholders, customers, teams and individuals both within and outside of the organisation
• Focusing on results for the business including strategic awareness
• Effective thinking and decision-making/problem-solving
• Presenting information and arguments convincingly and persuasively
• Taking a personal pride in achievements and giving recognition to others for their part