Job Title: Principle Highways Engineer/Highways Engineer
Rate / Salary: £40,000-£50,000
I am currently working with a large consultancy renowned for their range of expertise and collaborative approach delivering resourceful and effective solutions for their projects. From engineering and architectural innovations to sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery. They Specialise in infrastructure and building.
• A bachelors or masters degree in Civil engineering or a related subject accredited by the engineering council or approaching Chartered Member status of the institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in design, implementation, construction and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering.
• Knowledge and understanding of standard highway and Civil engineering specifications, relevant legislation, condition of contract and methods of measurement.
• Understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines including the design Manual for roads and bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
• Undertake feasibility studies, preparing reports, investigations, cost estimates and identifying options.
• Preparing schemes for tendering using the NEC3 family of Forms of contract, using specification for highway works and standard Method of Measurement.
• Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through tendering.
• Supervising and monitoring works on site.
• Charing and managing progress meetings.
• Ability to set and work to personal targets and deadlines to meet requirements of programmes of work and meet client’s needs.
• Able to assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.