Job Title : Principal Civil / Structural Design Engineer - RAIL
Location : Manchester
Salary : £50,000 - £60,000
To deliver safe and compliant civil engineering design & technical support for the successful delivery of rail projects across the UK
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day requirements for all areas of project delivery; including technical, safety and financial aspects to maintain compliance to the QA policy and procedures
• Deliver all aspects of project work in accordance with client remit and HoR requirements on time, in full and on budget
• Respond to HoR requests in a timely and professional manner
• Secure regular and ongoing projects from key rail clients.
• Managing on time, in full, on budget delivery of projects.
• Mentoring, professional development and PMR’s for direct reports.
• Undertake where required on site project works within the rail environment, sometimes at night and/or to remote locations, to identify issues and solve problems in a safe and professional manner.
• Manage own CPD and Development Action Plan with support from the HoR
• Meet business critical KPIs including safety and financial matrix
• Maintain engineering technical knowledge of standards, policies and procedures
• Represent the company at meetings with clients, contractors, design teams etc
• Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Minimum 5-years design experience within consultancy practice
• Chartered or Incorporated status with ICE or IstructE; or on route to sitting professional review
• Experience of applying design software (TEDDS, Robot, CADS, Superstress etc)
• Working knowledge of Eurocodes and associated industry and group standards
• Past-experience in structural surveys and reporting
• Valid UK driving license
• Experience of working within the railway sector to Network Rail standards
• Current PTS card holder
• Able to work independently on various projects simultaneously
• Able to manage commercial aspects of projects from cradle to grave
• Demonstrate capability of working to multi-project programmes