Commissioning Manager – Machinery & Transport Systems
- Deadline: 26.02.2024
Our client is a major tier 1 main contractor that works in the rail and civils markets across the UK, due to recent project wins they now have several fantastic opportunities and are recruiting for a Commissioning Manager to join their Nuclear Defence project.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in one of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Your skills and experience will help deliver the successful commissioning and demonstration of all the specialist equipment, the building services and control systems required to operate the facility.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Advise on safety requirement for commissioning activities.
- Management, oversight and delivery of commissioning work packages within a complex infrastructure project.
- Understand the requirements of Commissioning procedures and ONR License Condition 21 Commissioning.
- Support the management and deployment of the Overall Project Commissioning Strategy.
- Manage the production, review and approval of test documentation by the Suppliers.
- Plan and co-ordinate commissioning tests with the Suppliers.
- Integrate test requirements and pre-requisites into the project programme.
- To assist with the development of the detailed construction schedule to ensure a phased release of works to support the commissioning activities.
- Report status of the pre-requisites to commissioning works and the commissioniog works by the Suppliers.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing.
- Manage test failure resolution.
- Produce Learning from Experience reports and presentations.
- Ensure Supplier commissioning works are co-ordinated with commissioning by others and remaining installation and completion works.
- Management and implementation of commissioning stakeholder engagement plans.
- Ensure safe procedures are applied consistently for all testing and commissioning across allocated work packages.
- Prepare and present regular commissioning progress updates.
- Management of changes to commissioning schedules, resources and forecasts.
- Chair commissioning reviews with stakeholders including design reviews, change reviews and procedure reviews.
- Substantial experience of commissioning large facilities and managing commissioning teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Proven track record in complex project delivery, in defence (preferred) or similar technical sectors.
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of commissioning methodologies.
- Ability to operate both autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills
Essential soft skills include, leadership, flexibility, self-motivation, effective listening, persuasion, creativity, collaborative style, insightfulness Computer literacy in Microsoft applications Full UK driving licence
Qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent