Associate – International Wastewater
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. They are seeking to appoint an Associate – International Wastewater to join their Water Sector focussed team. This role is flexible for all their UK locations.
The services they offer to their clients require them to be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment. The following are therefore examples of the type of responsibilities and requirements they seek / need you to have, working as part of their dynamic multidisciplinary utility consultancy and advisory team:
- Lead on project delivery across international project lifecycles: masterplans, strategic and feasibility studies, front-end to concept design and construction support.
- Lead on work winning through bid management; production of proposals, fees, scope definition, and quality answers in response to client tenders, in accordance with Akins’ bid management system.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams Worldwide, including the UK, Middle East, India and US, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget, complying with business management systems.
- Advise and support design teams in the integration of sustainable wastewater infrastructure design concepts for masterplans and feasibility studies focussing on demand calculations, circular economy principles, alternative water reuse, treatment requirements, sustainable wastewater network elements.
- Produce and review conceptual designs, drawings and report writing to support sustainable integrated designs of masterplans and feasibility studies.
- Lead on the quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes, with a drive for shaping projects and masterplans towards a Net Zero Water framework.
- Champion the application of digital initiatives and innovative advances in water sector solutions.
- Mentoring and line management responsibilities for team members from graduates to less experienced senior team members.
- Knowledge of the water environment and sustainability and desire to apply your skills to the challenges the water environment faces.
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for their clients.
- Extensive hands-on experience of project and bid delivery and leadership in the wastewater sector Worldwide (UK and Middle East region particularly), and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in wastewater planning / large scale masterplans and sustainable urban development – overseas experience would be an advantage.
- Member of a recognised professional body (ICE or CIWEM).
- A strong technical wastewater background at strategic masterplanning scale including knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards, for water and wastewater infrastructure and / or non-infrastructure assets.
- Experience of working with hydraulic and hydrological models, including GIS software and industry standard design packages.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to promote technical excellence within project teams and wider team/practice.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including with Clients, Contractors and colleagues alike.
- Track record of innovation in the water sector – digital advances, circular water principles, low carbon, new materials, prefabrication etc.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, with a willingness to travel on short or long-term overseas assignments is essential.
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and budget.