Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractor with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor based at St Albans.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will provide advice and report on and control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts. The role includes offering support to the Project Manager to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and enable the Company’s ‘Three Pillar Objectives’ to be achieved. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will also assist the Quantity Surveyor in providing commercial expertise for projects to maximise returns by working within robust procedures to support the Commercial Manager and Project Managers.
• Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engage with the supply chain
• Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
• Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner
• Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account
• Produce bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes
• Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
• Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g., interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g., engineers, clients etc.
• Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager e.g., cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
• Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client engineers and subcontractors as required
• Provide advice and support to the site team to optimise the use of contract resources
• Provide support for the Managing Surveyor in terms of data input etc.
• Give feedback to Estimators and Contracts Managers regarding contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
You will need wide experience of the civil engineering industry with a reasonable degree of water industry experience CSCS card. They are ideally looking for candidates with either a degree qualification (or equivalent) in the relevant field or candidates with 2 years of previous experience in the water or utilities sectors.
• Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
• Exceptional relationship-building skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process
• Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
• Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills and internally, externally & with their supply chain.
• Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate rate and play an active part in the Construction Team
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
• Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge
• Degree-qualified or equivalent, but with appropriate experience and knowledge
• Wide experience of the civil engineering industry with a reasonable degree of water industry experience