A well-established building services consultancy has an immediate requirement for a senior HVAC design engineer to join their Surrey office on a permanent basis working on a wide variety of exciting building services projects.
Specific duties to be undertaken by the employee will include but not be limited to the following:
General Engineering Duties
• Prepare designs and calculations for engineering systems in buildings using company approved software and calculation sheets
• Prepare reports on engineering systems in buildings
• Make visits to sites to inspect and report on installation works
• Make visits to sites to survey installations
• Attend project design and site meetings and represent the company at these meetings
• Respond to queries from design team members and contractors as necessary
• Carry out tasks in order of priority to ensure that project and client programmes are maintained
• Prepare budget cost estimates for project designs
• Comment on contractor’s costings
• Carry out works necessary to arrange for the installation and/or upgrading of incoming statutory services supplies
• Carry out necessary duties to obtain approval from the relevant statutory authorities, landlords and other relevant parties of the company’s engineering designs
• Inspect and comment upon contractor proposals and installation details
• Witness and certificate the testing and commissioning of all the engineering systems
• Inspect/monitor the provisions of as fitted drawings and O & M manuals
• Co-ordinate designs with other members of the staff and other members of the design team
• Provide assistance to other members of staff to assist specific deadlines
• Liaise with the company’s CAD staff to ensure production of CAD drawings to suit the project programmes
• Ensure filing of correspondence and other documents is correct by following the company procedures associated with hard copy and digital filing. Maintain these in good order and ensure the most current information is readily available and that redundant and out of date drawings are removed and either labelled accordingly or discarded
• Maintain contact with clients and other members of the design team to ensure project success and good client relationships
• Ensure all documentation is produced, issued and filed in accordance with the company requirements
Senior Engineering Duties
• Together with the Directors and Technical Directors review designs and production information to ensure that:
a). They are technically correct
b). They are consistent with the company’s design philosophies and production of information process
c). All relevant information is included to ensure correct and complete tenders may be obtained
d). They comply with relevant design standards and regulations
e). The company’s designs are internally co-ordinated
• Provide advice and assistance to other members of staff
• Develop client/company relationships by maintaining regular contact with client representatives on a professional and social basis’
• Ensure that time and expenses expended by the company in the preparation of designs and the site project management of projects are commensurate with the relevant project fee agreements.
• Manage and co-ordinate the activities of other members of staff to suit the project programmes.
• Liaise with the company’s CAD staff to ensure production of CAD drawings to suit the project programmes.
• Input into internal knowledge sharing system including advising of any pertinent changes in legislation, learning from problems experienced, etc
In return they offer a very competitive salary/benefits package.