Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They have a requirement for a Senior Building Surveyor to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support their increasing portfolio and workload. This role is located in Bristol.
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you'll play a central role on some of the UK's most significant projects. Your portfolio will vary across retail, health, energy, commercial property, education, residential and public sectors. Working alongside their senior managers, you'll lead multi-disciplinary teams driven by excellence. They will value your insight and leadership, supporting your continued growth and development as a leader.
In this role you will be:
- Working across several projects in different sectors, providing a range of refurbishment, improvement and modernisation projects.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, producing specifications, obtaining estimates, obtaining statutory approvals and administering contracts for refurbishment projects.
- Using and applying standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge and application of building surveying professional services.
- Mentoring and training Building Surveyors and providing Supervisor support to Junior Surveyors on the RICS APC programme.
- Understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment in asset surveys, design and management of projects and portfolios.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Line managing of junior Building Surveying staff.
- Carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and managing regional schemes.
- Development of new business opportunities including preparation and submission of bids.