Principal Energy Engineer
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They currently have a requirement for a Principal Energy Engineer to join their Building Design practice, working on key sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation. Our client supports flexible working and equal opportunities as they believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed their customers’ expectations. Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be required to undergo a security vetting process.
As a Principal Energy Engineer you will combine client-facing responsibilities with taking on a lead role in the day-to-day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Our client's focus is on developing their staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
- Take a lead on energy related building design projects and studies.
- Provide strategic advice to clients on their energy and Net Zero strategies.
- Manage a team in the production of design using industry standard digital tools.
- Adding value to building services projects.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Managing elements of project delivery.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of others within the team.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subject.
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IMechE or working towards chartership.
- Good level of computer literacy in IES, NBS and Microsoft packages.
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.