Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They are currently looking for an Intermediate / Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their Building Design team on a permanent basis. This role will be based in London Office but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally.
The Building Design practice works on projects across all of their focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation. This role will focus primarily on the Rail Market.
Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and might have to undergo a security vetting process.
- Design and specification of all Electrical Building Services systems.
- Carry out (& managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations.
- Leading and managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the BIM team, a working understanding / use of Autodesk & Revit / Microstation & AECOsim.
- Site surveys, inspections, and monitor site works.
- Report & technical note writing.
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive mechanical design.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Reviewing progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
- Help & assist with technical development of junior staff.