Quote ref: 1061/71143
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced Fire professionals to join them on permanent basis.
They are offering flexible working. Although the majority of their current Fire Engineering team is based in Epsom and London offices, they are also planning to expand Fire Engineering teams in the North and South West.
As such, the preferred UK locations are Bristol, Epsom, London or Derby.
As a Senior Fire Engineer you will take responsibility for your own projects, as well as work collaboratively with other senior team members to develop the team and strengthen technical capability.
Main Responsibilities include:
-Servicing building projects from inception through to delivery in support of fire safety standards
-Supporting the delivery of project work within time and cost budgets
-Keeping up to date with regulations and legislation
-Supporting the development of fire strategies
-Assessing fire related risks in projects and working collaboratively to mitigate where possible
-Reviewing and comment on the quality of fire safety related installations
- Engineering degree, preferably fire engineering or alternatively a post graduate qualification in fire engineering (Applicants with different backgrounds also considered).
- 2-3 years’ experience in Fire Engineering would be preferred where no formal engineering qualifications are held.
- Fire modelling experience will be beneficial.
- Experience outside of the building sector would be advantageous.
- Able to work towards chartered fire engineer status.
- A flexible approach to the working environment.
- Willingness to travel will be a positive advantage.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.