Electrical Design Engineer - Building Services
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is in the Building Services industry and they provide design consultancy and installation for mechanical, electrical and public health services.
Due to ongoing success and continuing growth they are expanding their Engineering capability within the Technical Direction Energy Team. This Electrical Design Engineer position is suited to a design engineer that is looking to take on more responsibility and further develop their skills within the industrial and low carbon energy sector. They will be committed to delivering an outstanding service in the creation of electrical engineering design packages to enable the successful installation, commissioning and operation of a wide range of low carbon energy technologies.
What you'll be doing;
- Support and assist in the sales stage of a project taking responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided in accordance with required timescales and quality standards.
- Translate and develop conceptual designs into turnkey projects to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders.
- To produce project specific electrical designs in relation to power generation and industrial installations, inclusive of earthing systems, protection systems, cable sizing and fault studies. This is to include the production of appropriate drawings and documentation.
- Produce specifications, calculations and undertake component selection.
- To produce project specific scope of works specifications in order to obtain competitive installation quotations.
- Liaise with the Mechanical Design Engineers, the CAD team and the EC&I team in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- To provide practical on-site support for Project Managers as and when required during installation phase through to commissioning and testing.
- To provide design input into “new technologies” as and when required.
- Knowledge of the Combined Heat & Power industry or similar power generation technology such as diesel standby or STOR/Capacity market.
- Knowledge of heat pumps and their electrical requirements.
- Knowledge of solar PV systems.
- Designing of power systems ensuring compliance with BS7671.
- Proficient in designing LV distribution systems.
- Undertake discrimination studies and subsequent provision of protection system design and settings.
- Review of existing and design of additional earthing systems to comply with BS7671/7430.
- Experience in specifying and ordering LV equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in installation techniques with Low Voltage systems including earthing practices.
- Experience in designing cable management systems.
- An understanding and appreciation of HV systems.
- Proficient in designing control systems including digital, analogue and safety critical interfaces.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D(LT), AutoCAD Electrical, Trimble Pro Design and ETAP.
- Hold a recognised professional qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Hold a current full valid driving licence.