Electrical Building Services Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/71897
Our client is a well-established building services consultancy who is currently looking for an experienced Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role will involve working across various sectors with the focus on Energy and Carbon. Our client wants to improve awareness of and focus on the importance of decarbonising the built environment, improving air quality and implementing energy efficient design solutions. The role can be located in Surrey, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Warrington, Leeds, Glasgow (flexible working).
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will work in client-facing environment as well as being involved in the day-to-day design of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for a design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and might be required to undergo a security vetting process.
- Produce design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Work in partnership with our client's global technology centre (GTC) to add value to building services projects.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Preparing technical specifications.
- Preparing design drawings.
- Representing our client at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Report writing.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards CEng) with CIBSE or IET.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools including Amtech/Prodesign, Dialux/Relux, NBS and Microsoft packages. Any HV tools will also be beneficial.
- Aware of energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
- Some knowledge of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Awareness of the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Some awareness of designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Experience of working in a design consultancy and/or some experience of working within a contractor design environment is beneficial.
- Good knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Able to take charge of personal project deliverables, make decisions on developing the discipline design elements, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients will be useful.
- Comfortable working within time and cost budgets as agreed at project briefing meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time, in order to maintain flexibility in the organisation.