Electrical Building Services Engineer
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
This role is for one of the biggest building services consultancies, they are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is located in Epsom.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Produce design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Work in partnership with our client's global technology centre (GTC) to add value to building services projects.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Preparing technical specifications.
- Preparing design drawings.
- Representing our client at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Report writing.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience.
- Sufficient experience working on Building Services projects.
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome.
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IET.
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, NBS (Specification Software) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD / Revit is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process.