Quote ref: 1061/68482
Our client is a well-established building services, design, engineering, and project management consultancy. They have a requirement for an experienced recently chartered or near chartered Structural Engineer to join their Bristol Structure team on a permanent basis to help them deliver work on major DEFENCE and NUCLEAR projects in the South West.
Our client provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery our client is playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation. You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects in the UK. The role will be providing technical and creative challenges and you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
This is a hybrid role based in Bristol but it will also require regular travel to other locations in Devon or Somerset.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
- Use your technical skills and knowledge on a wide range of building structures and apply to various circumstances.
- Develop conceptual solutions to problems through to detailed design.
- Contribute to the development of the multi-disciplined project team’s approach.
- Assist in the execution of projects within defined design and cost parameters.
- Undertake research, data collection and presentation of information.
- Present results to clients under supervision of a lead designer.
- Comply with Quality and Technical Assurance Procedures.
- Be aware of and work in compliance with BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the project BIM Execution plan.
- Experience with parametric modelling software and software coding (Dynamo, python, C++ etc.) is desirable and may be a development target.
- Assist/mentor the development of apprentice and less experienced staff.
- Be proactive in self-development.
- Help maintain a broad range of skills within the team to ensure full support is provided to the design staff.
- Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) or near Chartered.
- Proven experience in the design of structures using the conventional engineering materials (steel concrete, timber, masonry) to Eurocodes.
- Have experience in several, and ideally all of the following areas;
- UK MoD Defence Projects (JSP’s, CTM etc)
- Submarine Facilities Design
- Nuclear Projects (Satisfying Safety Cases)
- Seismic Design and Detailing (Steel and Concrete to US Codes)
- Maritime Design (BS 6349)
- Heavy Civils Design
- Building Design
- Acting as a Discipline Lead
- Design and/or Project Management
- Experience in the use of structural analysis design software. (Robot Structural Analysis and Revit experience is desirable but not essential).
- Willingness and flexibility to learn new software.
- Embrace new technologies including digital engineering, automation and parametric design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that can support the clients relationships.
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others