- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Due to their business expansion, our construction client currently has a new opportunity for a Site Manager to join them in their Portsmouth location.
Are you an accomplished Site Manager with a proven track record of leading projects through the entire lifecycle? An exciting opportunity awaits you to join their dynamic team and take on a pivotal role in managing and monitoring programmed works.
Reporting to the Contracts or Project Manager this is a great opportunity for an experienced manager who excels at leading their teams to deliver client requirements and achieve contractual objectives and cost efficiencies.
Here are some of the activities that you will get involved in:
- Ensure you and your team comply with DSR, Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and practices.
- Develop good working relationships and close liaison with clients, project team members and stakeholders.
- Carrying out all relevant testing procedures and documenting results, providing accurate asset records.
- Ensure your teams are suitably trained and have the relevant materials so that sites are left compliant for other trades and the public.
- Leverage NEC 3 contract experience for effective negotiation and agreement.
Wide-ranging experience of working in a similar role in the utility/construction/service environment/infrastructure environment with significant involvement of managing people and commercial awareness. In addition, hold an IOSH qualification and recognised qualification such as HNC.
Your past experience working with or for DNO's is pivotal to this role. They prefer candidates with a background working with SSE, indicating your understanding of industry nuances and dedication to excellence. Showcase your familiarity with their processes and requirements, highlighting your ability to align with industry standards, along with previous construction and engineering experience within the utilities industry. Additionally, demonstrating experience in substation projects will be advantageous. Your familiarity with the intricacies of substation work will contribute to the overall success of their ventures.
A must-have requirement for this role. Your expertise in handling NEC 3 contracts will ensure efficient contract administration and adherence to project timelines. Along with a Streetworks (NRSWA) Supervisor accreditation, SSSTS/SMSTS are essential and a civil engineering qualification and a first aid qualification are both highly desirable and it’s important that you have a full and valid driver’s licence.