Senior Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a well-established large, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy who has a requirement for an experienced Chartered / Senior Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
This role presents a great opportunity to work on an exciting range of projects within a significant DEFENCE framework in Scotland. It will most likely be a hybrid position.
This role might require going through the government security clearance.
- Client and stakeholder interfacing.
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
- Undertaking calculations and all associated design documentation.
- Assisting with technical development of the clients capabilities and the organisation’s individual Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications.
- Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer (for all roles).
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer (for Associate, Principal and Senior Roles).
- Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering on defence / major projects.
- Ability to achieve SC clearance. Please note that for some roles, it is often also a client requirement to be UK National, to align with project security protocols.
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes.
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds.
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for their clients.
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor their growing team.
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein
- Driving Licence