Senior Cost Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our Client is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development, and assessment of their staff, they are dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. They currently have a requirement for a Development Manager (Commercial/Residential).
Reporting into a commercial property sector Regional Director and being a member of the regional commercial property team, you will be responsible for helping to grow the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with their most important clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of end users and local or national developers.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise within the team.
- Help to develop new business opportunities, with the assistance of senior colleagues whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
- Leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering projects, including pre and post project stages.
- Be the ambassador for our Client, your profession, and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core expertise.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Have an up to date and developing knowledge of a range of building contract forms including JCT.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery.
- Ability to team build.
- Growing and actively participating in a sector-focussed team.
- Expressly, an appropriate amount of high-quality experience required in either the commercial office or residential sector, having worked on all aspects of quantity surveying/cost management in these sectors.
- Effective and efficient in the preparation of feasibility and pre-contract estimates.
- Effective and efficient transition of pre-contract through to post contract advice.
- Productive supervision of support team including adequate planning, monitoring and control.
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades.
- Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative in a client facing role.
- Ability to advise clients on strategic matters, key cost drivers, project costs and added value.
- Knowledge and understanding of overall construction costs.
- Experienced in client, consultant and contractor facing roles and working as a member of a busy team. Used to working to tight and ever-changing deadlines.
- Understanding of the London commercial office/residential market would be considered advantageous.
- Internal commercial management of projects.
- An understanding of complex financial development appraisals with previous experience using Argus Development software (ideally) or the ability to build financial appraisals in excel.
- An understanding of construction costs and risks to be accurately monitored and reported through the development process.
- Structures of private/private partnerships including risk sharing, financial structures, and terms of Development Agreements.
- Full quantity surveying and cost management duties.
- Assist in preparation of development appraisals and viability assessments – including excel modelling, costing of Infrastructure Delivery Plans and assessment of risk.
- Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice.
- Provide high quality cost advice on complex commercial office or residential led developments.
- Increase their share of the client’s spend.
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our Client's full spectrum of services & locations.
- Manage interfaces with design and construction teams.
- Guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff, upskilling others, and providing career growth opportunity.
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction.
- Deliver projects to satisfaction of their clients on programme within the agreed cost and quality parameters.
- Proven track record to manage projects for or on behalf of local or national clients.
- Chartered with RICS, CIOB, ICE, RIBA or similar.
- Assist in business development and/or account management activities.
- Participate in marketing and thought leadership campaigns.
You will need experience in:
- Delivering commercial office/residential projects (ideally inception through to completion).
- Working alongside a Development Manager to input into feasibility and viability assessments (at project and Local Plan level).
- Building strong client relationships within the region.