Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 124 jobs)
- UK, South East, Kent
- £45,000+ per year
- Full time
- Years Exp: 8
A Senior Bridge Engineer will participate in preparation of sustainable and cost effective design solutions for strengthening, replacement and/or construction of highway structures as well as assessment of the existing bridges. The role involves assisting a Principal Engineer under the Team Leaders guidance to develop and complete schemes to maintain or improve the Highways England assets in Area 4 to the agreed budget, programme and quality, considering the requirements of the key stakeholders. The Senior Engineer also will support the engineers, assistant / graduate engineers / apprentices to develop their career.
Ability to understand the behaviour of highway structures and project requirements as well as the ability to undertake conceptual analysis and design of bridges will be examined during the interview.
Reports to: Structures Design Team Leader
Responsible for e.g. team size, budget:
-Assist Principal Engineer to provide cost effective, feasible, safe structural solutions (bridge design, assessment, strengthening, replacement, etc);
-Actively seek for improvement and innovative ways of carrying out the works
-Ensure mistakes and/or threats to the programme are identified as early as possible and dealt with a positive attitude, take corrective actions, and capture lessons learnt;
-Support other members of the team in their career development;
-Share knowledge, experiences and lessons learnt within the team;
-Focus on safety.
- Appropriate degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Working toward Chartership (at least registered as Graduate Member of ICE or IStructE)
- Chartered Member of ICE or IStructE
- Demonstrable capability of understanding the behaviour of highways structures, particularly bridges, analysing them, independently developing feasible options, carrying out conceptual and detailed design of new highway structures as well as strengthening / refurbishment of the existing ones.
- Ability to collate the information necessary for preparation of the works
- Ability to prepare hand sketches and estimate the structural analyses without any computer software
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of DMRB, MCHW, British Standards, Eurocodes and CDM.
- Strong experience in writing technical reports and work specifications
- Ability to prepare tender documents and manage construction sites of highway structures schemes
- Ability to use software packages such as AutoCAD, Mathcad, Visual Basic in Excel environment, etc
- Good communication skills
- Excellent ability of team working, motivating and assisting the other team members
- Taking ownership and responsibility for own works
- Open-mindedness towards constructive challenges / change requirements on the developed options
- Safety focused
- Minimum 8 years post qualification experience in bridge engineering including design, assessment, strengthening
- Experience of working on the schemes of Highways England or local authorities would be an advantage
- Date: 04.01.2019
- Deadline: 04.02.2019
- Quote ref: 99657/5