Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 103 jobs)
- UK, South East, East Sussex
- from £35,000 to £40,000 per year
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
Our client is looking to strengthen their Finance team with a Project Accountant for their joint venture framework. Within this role you will be working within the Finance function which is responsible for all financial support & guidance of the Regional Operational & Commercial teams.
The Joint Venture has been set up specifically to execute the 5 year (2015 - 2020) AMP6 DP East (Process) Programme in the Geographical Region of SE England (East Sussex and Kent). The Delivery Contract is worth £250 million over 5 years.
You will report directly to the Head of Finance and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
- Support both the Finance and wider business teams in financial risk management, governance and control related activities in line with the Global Finance tenets.
- Reporting and Analysis - support Head of Finance by producing timely Management accounts and various ad hoc client and JV lead reporting, financial performance with comprehensive variance analysis and reviews. Key areas being P&L, cash and backlog
- Reporting and Analysis - reporting to support business decisions and risk mitigation, key areas being P&L, cash and backlog. Reporting should provide visibility that drives change and enables challenge to the Operational teams whilst ensuring compliance with joint venture procedures and accounting standards
- Project Reviews - attend project reviews as required and directed by Head of Finance working with Commercial team
- Month End - Supporting the Head of Finance to achieve month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records, internal controls and close liaison with project teams and senior management. Ensure strict adherence to revenue recognition policy, cost accrual review and processes throughout. Monthly balance sheet preparation for review with Head of Finance.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - support Head of Finance in producing timely and accurate budget and forecast data with full variance and trend analysis. Liaise with project team as required gaining comprehensive knowledge of business structures and key challenges including risks and opportunities.
- Cash management - work with project team in providing project cash flow forecasts and assist in reporting for monthly WIP and debt reviews to improve/maintain working capital. Review application process and ensure certification process and attend uncertified meeting with client. Support debt collection as and when required and co-ordinate project cash flow forecasts with monthly WIP.
- Project start up, closure and project administration and liaise with IFS support team to ensure appropriate documentation is in place for review to allow accurate project set-up, execution and close
- Joint venture costs: ensure that all costs are supportable from Joint venture partners and queries are actioned within agreed timeframes. Time sheet queries are resolved promptly.
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships
- Accounting (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) part qualified
- Knowledge of UK and US GAAP for revenue recognition purposes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience working in a large multinational business
- Experience working in construction or engineering environment
- Studying towards professional qualification or desire to gain further commercial experience
- Quote ref: 563/16578