Principal Structural Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/60181
Our client is a well-established building services consultancy who has a requirement for an experienced Principal Structural Engineer to join their award-winning Building Structures Team in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
Our client's Building Design practice supplies engineering services across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure across sectors including Education, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation. You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects that will draw on and develop your skillset and career.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
- Responsible for resourcing and delegation of tasks.
- Project management roles (internal fee collation and forecasting).
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
- Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE.
- Experience in successfully leading the structural engineering delivery of small projects including the management of small, focused project teams to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support the clients relationships.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.