Principal Active Travel Engineer
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high-profile projects, they currently have a requirement for a Principal Active Travel Engineer to join their team based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- This role will support the growth and development of the client's active travel team across Scotland and to be a key player in their rapidly expanding team.
- The role will focus primarily on the technical deliver of active travel projects of varying complexity across Scotland. Working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians and other professionals, you will be responsible for leading the design teams responsible for delivering active travel designs which includes producing 3D models, drawings, and specifications to relevant standards.
- Leading technical projects as technical lead or technical reviewer with responsibility for high quality project deliverables.
- Production of task briefs / methodologies, fee proposals, resourcing schedules and project plans for active travel projects Support business development by establish, maintain and develop relationships with existing and prospective internal and external clients.
- Identify and respond to project commercial risks and opportunities.
- Ad-hoc advice for internal and external clients with regards to active travel design projects.
- Assistance with coaching and training of early careers staff.
- Assistance with technical training delivery.
- Managing stakeholder consultation processes as required.
- Demonstrable design experience integrating walking, cycling, green infrastructure, public transport and traffic solutions into deliverable urban environments.
- Experience and strong understanding of the application of technical guidance and standards, such as, Cycling by Design, Designing Street, National Roads Development Guide and Inclusive Mobility.
- Support the execution and quality assurance of multi-disciplinary projects with other disciplines including Highways Engineers, Active Travel designers, Traffic Engineers, Landscape Architects, Drainage and Structural Engineers.
- Ability to maintain client and internal relationships and assist with business development.
- Your experience should demonstrate the successful design of active travel from concept through to detailed design, whilst meeting programme and budgets targets. It is desirable that your experience includes retrofitting active travel solutions within existing street and urban environments.
- Your communication skills and teamwork should be excellent, with the ability to present highway designs to Clients and Stakeholders.
- Full driving licence.
- Cycling experience.
- Ability to upskill existing staff.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience of public and stakeholder consultation projects.
- Use of MS Office, including working knowledge of MS Project.