Our central government client are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a 12 month contract based in Dounreay.
12 months - At the moment I would suggest remotely, but would think there would need to be some site visits at some point. Can be discussed at interview.
If travel is not required it would be a 5 days a week would suggest if a traveler 5 days would be compressed into a 4 day a week again this would need to be discussed at interview.
CV Deadline: 29th September
£220 - £300 per day
The purpose of the job is to manage and deliver project activities.
The Job Holder will be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
The Job Holder will:
• Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
• Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
• Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
• Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
• Write Technical Specifications.
• Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
• Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
• Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
• Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years Mechanical Engineering experience required
Desirable Skills, Attributes and experience:
• Structural experience
• Pressure vessel substantiation
• Lifting equipment/crane substantiation
• BPSS security clearance required
Qualifications: HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician