Our client is a major contractor providing new homes, infrastructure and property services, are looking for a dynamic leader to fill their role of Managing Director, Property Services.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to take on the leadership of a stable, well-established and successful property services business offering considerable potential for growth and development.
They are looking for a dynamic leader with a track record of creating and driving genuine value through multidiscipline business of a size above £100m turnover. Strong candidates will be able to draw upon a breadth of previous experience, leveraging a number of successes and lessons learnt.
The Managing Director must be able to evidence delivering sustainable commercial success with a keen eye on the triple bottom line. A driven and agile leader, s/he will bring a process and project management rigour, focusing on increasing profit margins and reducing risk rather than chasing revenue. Prior experience in the property services industry is far from a prerequisite: the strongest candidates will bring a fresh perspective and diverse thinking to support Property Services through the next period of development. Candidates will also be able to operate in a dynamic multi-stakeholder environment, building strong partnerships.
Accountable for the strategic oversight, operational and commercial leadership by developing and delivering annual budgets with continuous and sustainable profitable growth. Developing and nurturing customer relationships to generate new business ensuring growth and progress. Creating a reputation within the market for excellent levels of service, safety, quality, innovation and continuous improvement.
• Develop and deliver the strategy, growth and 3 year business plan (rolling)
• Develop and deliver the annual targets and cash performance aligned with the 3 year business plan
• Responsible for the delivery and reporting of monthly and annual revenue and EBITDA targets.
• Commercial responsibility for all activities ensuring compliance with group protocols.
• Responsibility and duty to report to the board the vital information on overall performance.
• Assume Key Account responsibilities for all existing and prospective customers and suppliers.
• Safe delivery of all operations and the reporting, trending and learning from leading safety data.
• Champion continuous improvement of delivery and professional standards in achieving operational excellence and supply chain management
• Generate business leads and introduce new customers to the business.
• Play an influential role within the wider Business Leadership Group
• Develop and continuously deliver a winning proposition for customers
• Oversee the process of recruitment and retention of employees and nurturing and development of talent.
• Develop a succession plan for the Business Unit through proactively developing talent.
• Develop the capability and careers of the people within the Business Unit to meet the business requirements of right quantity, right quality, right skills, right time.
• Consideration of potential expansion into wider geographical areas and markets in line with group and growth targets
• Role modelling the group behaviours and creating a culture of accountability, candour and continuous improvement.
• Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction across the Business unit to support both additional growth and repeat business
• Accountable for bidding strategy and pricing within the Business unit to ensure profitable growth
• Anticipate and manage risks inherent within the Business portfolio..
• Ensure Corporate Governance is adhered to.
• Establish the business unit as the “Contractor of Choice” at all times