INTERMEDIATE DESIGN ENGINEER
To deliver designs day to day (rather than strategically/as a project manager) by knowing and performing the company’s design duties via the ACE Agreement and Company standards. Represent the company on projects with periodic quality review by Senior Engineers, Principal Engineers, Associates or Directors. Work to enhance the reputation of Elementa Consulting for delivering Building Services Excellence.
• Carry-out Project/Team Specific activities as defined from time to time by Supervisor.
• Deliver projects with awareness of Client satisfaction and profitability targets
• Work within Team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Engineer’s control.
• Control own and activities to meet supervisor design targets.
• From time to time advise other Construction Team Professionals on their own activities related to Building Services.
• Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
• Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
• Prepare detailed design drawings in sketch form suitable for presenting concepts to Clients and other Design Professionals.
• Adequately communicate thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients in verbal and written form.
• Prepare complete packages of tender information under the guidance of a Supervisor.
• Take part, with Supervisor, in monitoring and reporting on the quality and progress of work on site.
• Assist Supervisor in preparing budget costs and produce designs to meet agreed budget.
• Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
• Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
• Seek to gain CIBSE chartership
• Total Client satisfaction with service delivered
• Produce quality design output under the guidance of a Supervisor
• Timely delivery of work to Company quality and profit requirements
• Use the company computer and software systems to efficiently deliver designs
• Expand work related knowledge
• Study to meet CPD objectives
• Effective Team member, ie works well with others
• Technically competent
• Construction Process Aware
• Good Communicator