To be a member of the Health & Safety and CDM Team, principally involved in the provision of CDM Consultancy Services under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015, along with providing Health & Safety Consultancy Services when required and developing the new role to assist Principal Designers, Clients and Principal Contractors.
- Be able to understand and fulfill the regulatory role of Principal Designer and the non regulatory roles of Adviser to the Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Be able to prepare and produce F10 Notifications on behalf of Clients, Pre-construction Information, be able to understand Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements, Design Risk Management & Risk Registers and ensure relevant information is collated in order to produce a Health & Safety File.
- Be able undertake the role, duties and responsibilities to assist Clients, Principal Designers and Principal Contractors in understanding their regulatory duties.
- Ability to undertake Health & Safety Site Inspections and produce detailed reports.
- Assist and support the Manager of Health & Safety and CDM when required, in the continual development and improvement of the groups Health & Safety and CDM consultancy services, both internally and externally to the group, to aid the growth and turnover of the team and group year on year.
- Assist and support the Health & Safety and CDM team in answering of PQQ’s and commissions.
- Possesses demonstrable knowledge and experience of construction and health and safety to be able to identify safe systems of work for construction, operation and maintenance.
- Good communicator with the ability to plan, manage and coordinate health and safety.
- Possession of technical and professional qualifications and experience.
- Understand the General Principals of Prevention.
- Experienced user of industry standard office software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Network rail or equivalent experience would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Holder of a full, clean driving licence (and owner of a suitable vehicle that will be made available for use at work).
Key attitudes and behaviors:
- Highly motivated self-starter – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility.
- Has a positive working attitude along with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail to ensure a professional standard is provided at all times.
- Can remain flexible in a dynamic role within a busy and expanding H&S and CDM team reporting directly to the Manager of Health & Safety and CDM.