- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Due to their business expansion, our construction client currently has a new opportunity for a Construction Manager.
Are you a seasoned Construction Manager with a passion for the energy industry? Do you thrive in leading and developing projects through pre-construction phases? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a Construction Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading and developing multiple projects within their portfolio. You will be instrumental in the pre-construction phases, overseeing the development of working methodologies and sequencing. Your responsibilities will also extend to supporting estimating teams in project pricing, ensuring efficient spend control across various projects, including power cable circuit installations, diversions, refurbishments, new build primary substation construction (up to 132kV), and upgrades/refurbishments of existing substations.
Here are some of the activities you will be involved with…
- Manage designated project work to ensure successful completion in line with safety, technical, and legislative policies and procedures.
- Undertake site visits and attend kick-off meetings, monitoring progress and providing regular updates to both the business and their Client.
- Liaise and coordinate with project managers and stakeholders to meet key program dates.
- Execute project execution plans in alignment with the proposed delivery strategy.
- Demonstrate visual leadership and promote alliancing behaviour, maintaining close and proactive working relationships with the Client.
They would love to hear from you if…
You demonstrate a detailed understanding of the power industry with significant technical and practical experience and possess excellent communication skills and an ability to analyse problems, offering effective solutions.
It is essential to have NEC 3 contract experience and can plan and program effectively, along with demonstrable Substation experience, Project Management involvement, HV Electrical and Civils knowledge. It is preferable that have experience working with SSE.
A full UK driving licence and NRWSA experience are also required.