Associate Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. This role is for a Associate Structural Engineer located in Manchester.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Identify opportunities, lead and support business development and work winning / bidding activities.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients.
- Technical responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
- Review calculations, drawings, specifications on projects.
- Project Management and Design Management of their consultancy services, delivering projects to time and to budget. Management and technical development of their capabilities and individual Engineers.
- Client and stakeholder interface.
- Co-ordination and management of other discipline inputs into projects.
- Development and growth of the structural engineering team.
- Degree-qualified Civil / Structural Engineer.
- Extensive post graduate experience in major structural engineering building projects including experience of producing low embodied carbon solutions.
- Chartered (CEng) Civil / Structural Engineer with an industry profile.
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis including construction delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of 2D and 3D design software packages and suitability of their use at project level.
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site supervision and contract administration experience.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time and to budget.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for their clients.
- Natural team builder, developing the technical excellence of their growing team.
- Able to develop and motivate others.
- A winning attitude and proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.