Associate Building Services Engineer (Mechanical)
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
Our Client is currently looking for an experienced and motivated Associate Buildings Engineer (with a mechanical background) to join their team. This role is based in London but presents the opportunity to join a national team and work across the UK and internationally.
Some of your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for effective delivery of engineering project teams, including teams based in the UK and overseas.
- Providing technological input and supervise technical input by others within the Building Services team.
- Undertaking periodic project reviews to ensure technical and programme constraints are met.
- Undertaking Client/Design Team briefings to establish project criteria.
Assist in the preparation of fee proposals for submission to potential Clients.
- Providing regular advice to the Practice Manager regarding staff levels, present and future workload, operating standards, etc.
- Degree in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualification).
- Chartered Engineer.
- Membership of CIBSE, IMechE or equivalent institution.
- Good understanding of working within the Transportation Market Sector, with experience of progressing projects & design solutions within the framework of our Rail client’s process & standards.
- Similar experience working in a design consultancy, with experience of concept, scheme and detail design across a range of sectors.
- Proven ability to build up and maintain client and team relationships.
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances.
- A good understanding of quality assurance, safety and environmental sustainability.
- Working knowledge and use of relevant software packages including Revit, Hevacomp, IES, etc.
- Financial awareness and the ability to control project finances.
- Effective team worker, contributing to the team and wider objectives.
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to understand and express technical concepts clearly and accurately.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the senior management team from time to time to maintain flexibility in the organisation.