Principal Highways Engineer
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is an established design consultancy is looking for a Principal Highways Engineer to lead the design of the New Luton Airport Access Road where they is commissioned for 5 years through various stages of the project, providing leadership and direction to the project team and maintaining a local presence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Project management of Highways and Infrastructure jobs.
- Utilisation of local staff, contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and liaise with the client as required
- Supervise site based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and Liaise with other client's offices
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
- Degree in a relevant Civil Engineering discipline
- Ideally MSc or MEng
- A minimum of 5 years of highways design
- Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
- Previous experience working for an engineering consultancy
- Knowledge and experience of administering NEC contracts, preparing works information and supervising works on site
- Industry standard computer aided tools i.e AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro drainage
- Good presentation, communication and report writing skills